Happy National Trivia Day with Medical Waste Trivia! – We are celebrating National Trivia Day here at MedXwaste by sharing some medical waste fun and important trivia with you!
Happy National Trivia Day!
Trivia has been around for centuries. The word “trivia” comes from the Latin word “trivium” which means “crossroads.” In ancient times, trivia was used to describe the three main areas of study: grammar, rhetoric and logic.
Today, we use the word “trivia” to describe facts or information. We also use it to describe games that test our knowledge and there are so many fun games that center around this.
We all need an excuse to get together with friends and family members for an evening of friendly competition—and what better way than by asking each other questions about weird facts from around the world?
Each year on January 4th the wonderful world of trivia is celebrated as a national day. It’s a time for everyone who loves unconnected, irrelevant data, facts, history, and quotes to come together and honor the talent of knowing astounding bits of history when friends and family least expect it.
We are celebrating National Trivia Day here at MedXwaste by sharing some medical waste fun and important trivia with you!
- Did you know that medical waste is the second-largest category of municipal solid waste?
- More than 90 percent of potentially infectious medical waste was incinerated before 1997.
- There are many different types of medical waste and also many different ways to dispose of medical waste.
- Improper disposal of medical waste can lead to Parasitic Infections.
- Hospitals in the U.S. create over 5.9 million tons of medical waste each year.
- In the late 1980s, beaches were being littered with disposed syringes, medications, and other healthcare-related waste.
You Might Also Like:
- It’s Flu Season: Waste Management Solutions for Vaccines
- What Happens to Medical Waste When It Leaves Your Facility
- What is Cradle to Grave Processing?