National Healthcare Quality Week – Every year, healthcare providers around the country celebrate Healthcare Quality Week (HQW) with events and activities that honor and celebrate the great work they do.
National Healthcare Quality Week (HQW) is taking place from October 16-22, 2022. Created by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) in 1985, this week-long event shines a light on the critical demand for quality in care today and the strides we’ve made to improve patient experiences.
Every year, healthcare providers around the country celebrate Healthcare Quality Week (HQW) with events and activities that honor and celebrate the great work they do.
This year, we are honoring the critical role healthcare providers have continued to play in our communities – years beyond the start of the COVID pandemic- and how they’re continuing to make a difference every day.
Healthcare quality is something we’re passionate about at MedXwaste. From doctor-patient interactions to ensuring the facilities they visit are clean and clear of all potentially hazardous waste.
Of course, we cannot discuss ensuring the quality of healthcare experiences, without also talking about HIPAA and data security. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that ensures sensitive patient health information is secured and is not disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. It goes hand in hand with quality care because it’s what allows patients to feel confident that when they see their doctor and discuss private diagnoses that they will receive the best care possible.
HIPAA rules also make it so that healthcare professionals can share medical records and allows researchers to conduct cutting-edge studies that could lead to breakthroughs in medicine.
We’re excited to celebrate HQW this week and wanted to share a few ideas on how you can get involved:
- Gather with your team and take some time to discuss the ways your organization can improve patient safety and well-being. From proper medical waste disposal practices to data security.
- Register to attend the free NAHQ webinars happening throughout the week to provide education and insights on the topic of improving healthcare quality.
- Make a public pledge to customers and consumers about your work to protect patient privacy on social media. Use hashtags like #HIPAA #HIPPA #ProtectMyPrivacy #ProtectPatientsPrivacy #HealthcareQualityWeek
You Might Also Like:
- It’s Flu Season: Waste Management Solutions for Vaccines
- What Happens to Medical Waste When It Leaves Your Facility
- What is Cradle to Grave Processing?